Grilled Tomato Mozzarella Salad Skewers
- 1/4 cup The Mighty Olive Basil Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp. The Mighty Olive Tradional Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. The Mighty Olive Black Olive Tapenade
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 18-inch cubes of day-old sourdough or French bread
- 2 tbsp. The Mighty Olive single variety EVOO
- 1 pound chilled fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2-5 ounces mixed baby greens
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk together the first five ingredients. Set aside.
Lightly grease grill rack with oil then heat to medium high. Place bread cubes in large bowl and drizzle with single variety EVOO to coat. Alternate threading bread cubes, cheese and tomatoes onto 6 long skewers. Place skewers onto grill and turn often just until cheese starts to melt, about 4 minutes total.
To serve, divide baby greens among 6 plates then top with a grilled skewer and drizzle with prepared dressing. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
*Note: if using wooden skewers, soak for 20 minutes prior to using.